Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wilson 7/6/07

 
 
Wilson State Park
Harrison MI

I grew up in this area and have never been a fan of Harrison. My daughter needed to be dropped off at Girl Scout camp on Sunday and this was the closest place. I got a spot right on the lake.. there was a steep drop but you could see the lake from the camp site. You could also see the cars on the far side of the lake. I guess I could best describe this as a nice park with a horrible location. The sites near the road are ON THE ROAD.. no more than 20 feet and just a wire fence between them I have heard in the past that this campground has problems with items being stolen from campsites and I can see why. It is a shame this is right in town because it is a nice park with beautiful oak trees and a nice lake and beach.. but surrounded on all sides by traffic.
The beach building was built by the CCC in the late 30s.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: