Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Monocle Lake 7/29/08

 
 
 
 
Monocole Lake
Brimley, MI

This is National Forest land that is about 15 miles outside of the Soo. We had driven through this campground before.. this time we stayed. It is a nice place with large secluded sites, and a nice lake. It was a nice enough place but in the end I wasn't left with a good feeling here, and I am not sure why. None of the sites are right on the water so you have the feeling of being in the woods more than on the lake. It is a beautiful area and cool sites, but I think if I did it again I would stay at Brimley so we were right on Lake Superior. We also took a day trip into Canada and drove 100 miles North along the Superior coast.. that may have been the highlight of the trip! Beautiful country and we stopped at 2 provincial parks and did some scouting out for next year :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: