Thursday, August 23, 2007

Straits State Park 6/18/05

Straits State Park
St Ignace, MI

Swimming - Yes (rocky but nice)
Hiking - Yes trails through campground
Rating 4/4 I like it and would return

We had a tent for over a year and still had not gone camping.. We had wanted to go to Sleepy Hollow which is near home.. that way I figured if everything went wrong.. we could still drive home. But I found out that you have to stay 2 nights to make reservations.. BUT this only applies to the Lower Peninsula. So I looked at Straits State Park.. I love the bridge and thought this would be a good place. Before I made the reservation I decided that we would do the mini cabin.. The weather forecast had a chance of rain and cool nights.. so I figured this would eliminate the weather as a problem. This was our first camping trip and I wanted it to be a positive one.

The cabin is 2 bunk beds with a dresser and small table.. nothing fancy but nice.
My wife was pleased with the cabin and restrooms.. cleaner than she had figured they would be. A short walk though the cedar trees and you are on the beach... and right THERE is the bridge.. very cool :)

I really liked the campground.. they have trails that lead to overlooks to see the bridge. Swimming is nice but the shore and water is rocky.

No comments: